I fell in love with a cop car: A look at 2015 Chevrolet Impala fuel economy

I fell in love with a cop car: A look at 2015 Chevrolet Impala fuel economy 

The 2015 Chevy Impala’s fuel economy checked in at a few ticks over 21 MPG after a week of driving. Not horrible for city traffic with a 305-horsepower V6. 

So the fuel economy numbers are in on the full size 2015 Chevrolet Impala with the big 3.6 V6 instead of the entry-level 2.5-liter four-cylinder mill – and they are not so bad.

Over my mixed week of driving, I got 21.3 MPG. But what do you want from a 305-horsepower V6? What is nice is the 18.5-gallon tank that means fill-ups are spaced farther apart than the competition.

Want to know what else I dug? The Rear Cross Traffic Alert. GM was wise enough to put a display with arrows showing what direction it senses the impending vehicle is coming from. It really worked for me. I like to put on my reverse lights to show intent when backing out of a spot, and the 2015 Chevrolet Impala had my back warning me not to go until it was safe.


Was there any feature that I wasn’t particularly digging? Just the Hill Hold/start assist. It is supposed to actuate the brake so you can take your foot off of it, but I was never able to get it to modulate correctly on my steep driveway. The feature is supposed to kick in for 1.5 seconds, or the time an elderly person needs to get from the brake back onto the gas. If I could have easily, I would have just turned it off.

0 comments:

Technology for your life...read more....